Spanish language from a European and Latin American perspective
I learnt Spanish while living and studying in California. Opportunities then arose for me to work in Mexico City and later in Madrid, where I honed my Spanish language skills from both a European and Latin American perspective.
On my return to the U.K. (land of my birth and childhood), I obtained an MA in Translation Studies from the University of Sheffield and now reside in bonnie Scotland, where I provide translation and editing services for meticulous, results-oriented clients. I make frequent trips to Spain and Latin America in order to maintain my fluency in the language and to keep up to date with cultural changes.
I’m a member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL), U.K., and an associate member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI), U.K. I am also an associate member of the American Translators Association (ATA), U.S. All documentation shared with me is deemed strictly confidential and I abide by the rules of conduct associated with these professional bodies.
When workloads demand, I sometimes work in tandem with my translation partner, who is also a professional Spanish to English translator based in the U.S. We can therefore write and adapt texts to suit both the U.S. and U.K. markets!
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL), U.K.
- Associate Member of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI), U.K.
- Associate Member of the American Translators Association (ATA), U.S.
- Master’s Degree in Translation Studies, University of Sheffield, U.K.
- Hundreds of translation projects successfully completed!
- Over 12 years’ experience delivering effective, meticulous, professional translations